Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Blog - 1
Whitney - 0


I jumped straight into the "must have a blog" bandwagon.  The idea was really exciting, my 7th grade English teacher said I was a good writer, and occasionally I have a thing or two to say.  A recipe for success, right?  If you've seen my empty blanket of posts the past few months, that would a negative.


However, I'm thinking my mishap lies in blogging before I really looked at blogs.


Don't get my wrong...I've seen my fair share of Perez Hilton.  But until recently, I was not clued into the regular Joes making a go of it in the blogging world.  You know, the kind of person I'm trying to be.


In the time I've been reading marketing blogs on a daily basis, there have been some awesome takeaways:


1)  A blog post can be short & sweet
2)  A blog doesn't have to change the world
3)  You lose me as a reader if you don't update on a regular basis


I liked that I jumped into blogging.  I don't like that I didn't simultaneously seek out others in the blogging world as benchmarks, virtual teachers, and commiseraters.  (Is that a word?  I wonder what Seth Godin would say about making up words...)


Are you a new blogger?  What are some takeaways you've gained since spilling your ideas onto the Internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment